Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And so.. I am yet another year older

So today was my 23rd Birthday. Out of all of my 23 years this is the first year I had school on my birthday. I remember when I was younger I would always wish I had a birthday during school so I could have fun birthday parties in class. Well today I definitely had a fun time. First of all we have also been in class for a month so I decided to give my kids a party. Oh my gosh, Thai students know how to bring food for parties. We had everything from Oreos to PIzza to Chicken and Rice. It was fantastic. I also felt like it was christmas because I got so many gifts from my kids. It was a little awkward. Then tonight all the teachers came over to our apartment and we had a party with Pizza and games it was a lot of fun. I never got to have a birthday at college so I haven't had these great friend parties so it was a nice experience. Also Daniel went all the way to the mall to get a Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake for me because he remember I'd said I like them. How awesome is that? I am truly blessed with great friends here.

Thursday is a Buddhist Holiday so we at GES get a 4 DAY WEEKEND! and I am off to Phuket after school tomorrow!!! By this time thursday I will be lounging on an amazing tropical beach soaking up the sun, I can't wait! I'll tell you all about it when we get back. Just pray that everything with our flight works out well :)

No comments: