Friday, September 19, 2008

Knocking down those road blocks

While I was living at home during the last year I felt very creatively productive. I had more time than when I was in college, mostly due to the fact that 90% of my friends live on the eastern seaboard and I finally had the money to buy the supplies I needed, or I should say wanted. Coming to Thailand I knew that I probably wouldn't have access to scrapping resources but I held onto a hope that maybe they would have some amazing cute things I could work with here so it wouldn't be a problem. Well Thailand isn't Japan or Korea and my cute stickers and stationary selection is fairly limited although I did find some pretty cute buttons at The Mall (yes that's it's actual name) the other day. So what can I do????
Well, I think I may have developed a new problem that I have never had before,...... buying things online. I bought $30 worth of scrapping stuff online last night and I have another $25 online shopping cart ready to be purchased. The downside is these packages are getting shipped to my parents house in Seattle, but hey they'll be there waiting for me when I'm back in the states in April! And some of them I'm so excited about. There's some adorable Sassafrass Lass and Tinkering INk. Oh and I finally bought some of the Love Elsie stuff that I could never find in any store to buy and I figured before they quit making it I should buy some. Then I bought some more KI memories papers and, the one I'm really excited about, The Mister Campy Collection by Cosmo Cricket. I cant wait to get back home and go camping so I can scrap with it!




Now it is finally the weekend here in Bangkok. No big trips planned, but we are going to head downtown to get Indian food for dinner, then who knows what else we'll do this weekend. It's always an adventure. I want to go back to Chatuchak Market. I could live there honestly I love it that much. Since we don't have thrift stores here it's my shopping fix :)

I hope everyone has had a great week! Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: