Friday, December 19, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

Note: So this was originally started yesterday and then I finished it today so really it's SUNDAY not SATURDAY

School is officially out of 2 weeks for Christmas break. Horray! The last two nights were our Christmas programs with the Nursery through Grade 3 on friday night and all the other grade last night. Friday night was my night :) For the first part there was a Christmas pageant in the church so me an Matt had to entertain our kids in the classroom while we waited for them to be called on for their part. Watching the Lion King was all it took :) And I did manage to get a few photos out of them.







After the church performance was dinner and then class performances on a stage out in the soccer field. The night was sooo long because Nursery, K1, K2, and K3 all had 2 performances then the other classes had performances and there were Thai dances as well. My class was last on the list to go. We practiced for over a month and I must say, they surprised me. They did much better than I thought they would.

Then last night was grade 4-12. It lasted FOREVER. Oh my gosh I didn't think I would make it through the night. Not only did the acts take a long time, but they did raffle drawings between each act which doubled the time. The good news is now we're done and have 2 full weeks to recover and get ready for our straight 3 month marathon of classes.

We leave late tonight on a bus for Chang Mai. I'm so excited to go. It's going to be cold up there too! Well at least cold in relation to Bangkok. Then we come back on friday and leave saturday for Krabi and Koh Phi Phi. Should be an awesome 2 weeks!

I'm going to try to upload a video of my kids performance, I guess when I get back from Vacay because it's having issues now. I hope everyone has a great Christmas!!!!

No comments: