Thursday, December 31, 2009

3, 2, 1.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As midnight quickly approaches I bid adios to 2009 and welcome with open arms 2010. Man, it feels like we were just anticipating 2000. People were freaked out about Y2K but I rung in the new year with my best friend and my family singing Karaoke, playing darts and eating good food. I was 15 years old in 2000. How quickly a decade can pass. In the past 10 years I graduated high school, and college, went on 6 mission trips to Mexico, expanded my world knowledge by sailing around the world with Semester at Sea, visited 19 countries, became an aunt, worked 5 jobs, discovered a passion, moved to Thailand, saw 4 world wonders in person, got my drivers license, lived in 3 states, and hopefully made a difference in the lives of many children. How much you can do in 10 years! I wonder what my list will look like in 2020...

college graduation: May 2007


Elaina, Sept. 2007



At a nude beach in Croatia, fall 2006



I've spent the last two weeks enjoying Christmastime in the comfortable confines of my American home. After a very expensive trip to Walmart today my bags are nearly packed. I'll be flying out at noon tomorrow to head back to Bangkok via Tokyo. I'll be leaving the mild 40's and down blankets behind to head back to 95 and merciful aircon. It's hard to believe I only have 3 months left. I'll definitely make the most of it.

No comments: