Saturday, March 27, 2010

My List: Volume 1

With school over and the final "return to America" countdown on I thought I'd list a few of the things I'm looking forward to the most when I get home.

1. Sleeping in my bed.  Growing up I always thought my mattress was a little stiff.  Compared to my mattress here in Thailand my one in the US is like a heavenly cloud made for a princess.
2.  Food.  Since this could cover points 2-200 I'll restrain myself into one generalized point.  But seriously, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, Sunchips, bagels and cream cheese, Diet Dr. Pepper, good Italian food, Taco Bell, the list goes on and on...
3. Thrift store shopping.  While shopping in markets takes a close second there's just something thrilling about sifting through piles of peoples old stuff never knowing what you'll find and sometimes coming away with treasures.
4.  Redbox.  I intend to watch A LOT of movies, none of which will have Thai subtitles. 
5.  Driving and the freedom that comes with it.  I never really cared to much for driving before.  It was just a necessary evil for m everyday life, but, after living in Thailand where my transportation range is based solely on other peoples capabilities and time frames, I appreciate being able to drive SO much more.
6.  Shopping at Target.  They have cute stuff.
7.  Exploring the NW.  I've explored a lot of the world, well, a lot of Asia at least and I loved every second of it.  Now I want to bust out my DSLR back home and take some rockin photos.
8.  Scrapbooking.  This is actually something I'm excited about and dread a bit as well.  The dread only because I haven't scrapbooked anything in the two years since I moved to Thailand and now I'm a bit backed up and I NEED to finish my SAS scrapbook, for my sanity.
9.  Feeling a chill in the air every once in a while.  Thailand's great.  I love that I can wear flip flops year round, but even on Thailand's coldest day it's just a comfortable temp., nothing severe.  So, I'm excited to wear sweatshirts and jeans, although, my flip flips will be hard to give up.
10. The ones I love.  I've been away for a long time with only abbreviated trips home, so I'm excited to get there and experience home life again.


Stay tuned for a "things I'll miss the most about Thailand" blog coming soon.

No comments: