Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Best Day Ever, Seriously

This morning I woke up at 6:15. I just couldn't sleep any longer. A ball of excitement, nerves and I would even venture to say dread had wound it's self up in my stomach. See, today was Dday, that is decision day. The day where the STA World Traveler Intern top 50 would be announced. This would be a huge cut. Out of 400 applicants only 1 in 8 would make it. So I got myself out of bed, picked up my Macbook and went to sit in my corner chair where, for some reason I get the best Internet connection in the whole house. I opened the screen, clicked Safari and then clicked the icon on my top sites page for the World Traveler Internship. As the site loaded I muttered to myself "if it's meant to happen it will happen, if it's meant to happen it will happen." The sign for the top 50 popped up and slowly pictures began to load. My heart started beating a million miles a minute. Not my picture, not my picture, not my picture.....oh my gosh, I made the top 50!!!!!! Sure enough there was my picture, in the bottom corner. I started to bawl, tears of joy that is. They picked me, i can't believe it, they picked me! I am one step closer to making my dreams come true.

So, once again I am asking for your wonderful votes. With this cut the votes were completely reset and so I'm starting again from zero. So vote, comment, pass it on. And thank you, you're awesome :)

http://www.worldtravelerintern.com/member/amanda-dorough/

P.S. The weather in Bangkok was amazing today. Not humid, not hot and breezy, only adding to todays awesomeness.

No comments: