Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My sad, little, house of cards

While my last few days have been super busy and on-the-go, today was a more home-bound day, so I decided to take a look at my summer bucket list to see what i could tackle.  I settled on #24 Build a House of Cards.  Easy enough I thought.  Boy was I wrong.  So how did it go?  Well let me just say I won't be entering any card house building contests anytime soon.
   My original ideas were really quite lofty.  I reached for my pack of Skip-Bo cards (since there are way more than a typical deck of cards) and set to work on my "Mansion" of cards.



I was doing pretty good.  There were a few tumbles but I felt like I was getting the hang of it.  Then, after an hour and a half of work (with Max and Ruby cartoons on repeat in the background care of my 3 year old neice) it went down, down, down...


By that point building the house of cards was getting kind of old to me so, instead of starting off at the "mansion" of cards square one, I opted for a humbler, simpler, but no less lofty abode and after another 30 minutes, voila!


My pyramid of cards stood!...for about a minute.  Good thing I snapped the picture when I did!

So that's one thing crossed off my list, now I'm working on going through and editing pics from the last two days.  Post to come later!

No comments: