Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter Winter

I'm a victim of December and it has unfortunately made me a bad blogger.  Oh how I long for the days of school vacations, which, aren't to far in my past.  Two, three day work weeks are semi making up for the lack of an extended Holiday but, in truth, this season just brings to many things to do and not enough time to do it!

So what's been going on the last 3 week's?  Let me show you!

  • I experienced ,my first black Friday sale EVER.  I woke up at the crack of dawn to stand in line at Best Buy (Thank goodness it had stopped snowing!).  I made some friends and got what I wanted!  So what did I want you might ask?  The Barnes and Noble Nook was on sale for $100!  A deal I couldn't pass up!  I've honestly wanted one for a while and thought it would be perfect to take on the World Race.  Even better is it came with some free e-books.  Pride and Prejudice, Dracula and Little Women.  Score!

Waiting in line at Best Buy

  • Also fun on Black Friday was the 50% off everything at Goodwill sale.  I got this cute little Christmas Elf and stocked up on a ton of vintage sheets.  It was wonderful!


  • My car broke down and I had to shell out $700 to fix it.  That stunk.
  • I think I seriously became addicted to Hot Chocolate. I don't drink coffee, and apple cider is just so so, so what other hot beverage could I drink?
  • Elaina wants an airplane for Christmas from Santa Clause. When I asked her why she replied "So I can fly all over the world." Thus further establishing that we're totally related.
  • I helped out with my churches drive-through Christmas story. It was pouring down rain but nearly 600 people still came through on the two nights! The first night I was a greater and the second night I was in the Inn where we had a grand old party and I ate to much! Pardon the picture, it was taken from my car:)

  • I saw both the new Harry Potter movie (in IMAX, it was awesome) and Tangled, by which I was pleasantly surprised. I especially loved the fire lanterns a-la Thailand. I think I will definitely need to buy it when it comes out in the stores.
  • My dear friends Shaela and Russell got Married on Dec 19! I wanted to go to the wedding so badly, in fact I was supposed to go, but then the World Race happened and my car broke, so flying to Amarillo was no longer going to be an option. I was sad, but I'm so happy for them!
  • We celebrated my Dad's birthday by eating pot roast, looking at Christmas lights and playing Bananagrams. It was amazing.

  • Everything with World Race fundraising is going pretty well! I'm almost 20% of the way there and I'm currently planning a 5k fundraiser in the spring which SCARES ME TO DEATH but also has the potential to bring in a lot of money for both me and my squad mates. Fingers crossed! And THANK YOU to everyone who ordered Christmas Cards. You helped me out so much and I am so grateful!
  • TV seasons are wrapping up and yes, I am a reality TV junkie. I was super stoked that Nat and Kat won the Amazing Race and I'm so excited for the next season! I also love that Fabio won Survivor. I recently discovered "Ice Road Truckers: Worlds most Extreme Roads" on demand and watched every episode. It was awesome. And finally I'm loving "The Sing Off," those groups have some real talent!
  • Last Wednesday we had our youth Christmas Party complete with "Christmas Tree" making contest, white elephant gift exchange, "Elf" watching, and cookie decorating. We had a lot of fun but found we didn't have enough time. At least we learned for the next party.




So there it is.  Only 4 more days 'til Christmas!  I've still got my fingers crossed for a White Christmas although it's looking like a wet Christmas.  A girl can dream right?

No comments: