So what's been going on the last 3 week's? Let me show you!
- I experienced ,my first black Friday sale EVER. I woke up at the crack of dawn to stand in line at Best Buy (Thank goodness it had stopped snowing!). I made some friends and got what I wanted! So what did I want you might ask? The Barnes and Noble Nook was on sale for $100! A deal I couldn't pass up! I've honestly wanted one for a while and thought it would be perfect to take on the World Race. Even better is it came with some free e-books. Pride and Prejudice, Dracula and Little Women. Score!
|Waiting in line at Best Buy|
- Also fun on Black Friday was the 50% off everything at Goodwill sale. I got this cute little Christmas Elf and stocked up on a ton of vintage sheets. It was wonderful!
My car broke down and I had to shell out $700 to fix it. That stunk.
- I think I seriously became addicted to Hot Chocolate. I don't drink coffee, and apple cider is just so so, so what other hot beverage could I drink?
- Elaina wants an airplane for Christmas from Santa Clause. When I asked her why she replied "So I can fly all over the world." Thus further establishing that we're totally related.
- I helped out with my churches drive-through Christmas story. It was pouring down rain but nearly 600 people still came through on the two nights! The first night I was a greater and the second night I was in the Inn where we had a grand old party and I ate to much! Pardon the picture, it was taken from my car:)
- I saw both the new Harry Potter movie (in IMAX, it was awesome) and Tangled, by which I was pleasantly surprised. I especially loved the fire lanterns a-la Thailand. I think I will definitely need to buy it when it comes out in the stores.
- My dear friends Shaela and Russell got Married on Dec 19! I wanted to go to the wedding so badly, in fact I was supposed to go, but then the World Race happened and my car broke, so flying to Amarillo was no longer going to be an option. I was sad, but I'm so happy for them!
- We celebrated my Dad's birthday by eating pot roast, looking at Christmas lights and playing Bananagrams. It was amazing.
- Everything with World Race fundraising is going pretty well! I'm almost 20% of the way there and I'm currently planning a 5k fundraiser in the spring which SCARES ME TO DEATH but also has the potential to bring in a lot of money for both me and my squad mates. Fingers crossed! And THANK YOU to everyone who ordered Christmas Cards. You helped me out so much and I am so grateful!
- TV seasons are wrapping up and yes, I am a reality TV junkie. I was super stoked that Nat and Kat won the Amazing Race and I'm so excited for the next season! I also love that Fabio won Survivor. I recently discovered "Ice Road Truckers: Worlds most Extreme Roads" on demand and watched every episode. It was awesome. And finally I'm loving "The Sing Off," those groups have some real talent!