Thursday, November 22, 2007

And a Happy Turkey Day to You!

Wow, this is the first Thanksgiving I’ve been home for in 4 years. It’s going to be weird being with my family again. Four years ago I spent the day in California with my friend Nici’s family then three years ago I spent Thanksgiving with my friend Genies family in Alabama and Georgia, then my Junior year of college I was in Pennsylvania with m friend Emily’s family, the first year I saw snow on Thanksgiving, and LOTs of it. Then there was last year. Thanksgiving last year was different and special. Thanksgiving day was actually the day we ported in Spain so technically I had chicken fries from Burger King (it was late, we were tired and hungry for traveling so we got the first food we could find). However we didn’t miss out on Thanksgiving dinner completely. We actually celebrated the night before as we were bunkered off of the coast of Gibraltar. They must have brought in dozens of turkeys. And then after eating we went out on the deck and could swear we saw the lights of Morocco of in the distance. So needless to say that was probably my most memorable Thanksgiving. But this year I will finally get to sit at a family table and not feel like I’m intruding or imposing on anyone else’s festivities. I’m kind of excited :)
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! Don’t eat to much but enjoy the company:)

A few pics from times gone by, Thanksgiving last year on the Explorer

No comments: