Saturday, March 1, 2008

When it comes down to it

I had so much to say, but now I just can't find the energy to say it all. So I guess I must start at last weekend because that's what I promised. I went up with the youth group to Snoqualmie to go snow tubing. It was SOOOOO much fun, and such a good workout. I hadn't gone since I was in 8th grade with the youth group. It feels like forever ago. But it was so much fun to play in the snow again and such an adrenaline rush. It was the nicest day too. Not to cold and sunny. Perfect.
Here's a picture of me on my tube. They're all fancy now, like 10 years ago they were just plain old innertubes...


Here's Kyle coming down


A pic of the lanes, the one on the far left was crazy


Now this week was long, and stressful. I got a notice a couple months ago that I had to report for a 2 week call in period for jury duty. Well I called the first week and they didn't need me, but I called last friday and it said I had to report on monday to the Federal Courthouse in Downtown Seattle. So I caught the bus downtown and was hopeful I wouldn't get chosen for a jury. They sent 24 of us in for the judge and lawyers to choose from, I was one of 7 chosen. I couldn't believe it. The case ended up lasting 4 days. It was a civil case and terribly boring. One company that makes wall panels was suing another company that makes wall panels for copyright infringement. We sat through 3 days of interviews and the longest closing argument ever on the fourth day, but honestly it really wasn't that hard to decide. Although the two panels shared sand dune characteristics, there was no way that they were anywhere near the same. We talked for 2.5 hours and then came out with our answer.

So now I'm dog sitting again this weekend. I wish the weekend was longer.... I really dont want to go back to work on monday, or at least thats how I feel right now. I'm just tired..... Well, spring break is just over a month away! And I really need all the money I can get....

I've been a little creative lately too, I just haven't taken pics yet so those will hopefully come soon...

No comments: