Friday, March 7, 2008

Big news!

So, I’ve been sitting on this for awhile, but I didn’t want to say anything until it was a sure thing. Now I can officially announce that the first week of June I’ll be moving to Bangkok, Thailand to teach English for a year at Global English School (GES), and I am so excited! The last few months have been brutal wanting it so badly but not knowing but now that I’m sure I want to just run out and buy travel guides and camera lenses and everything I need, but alas the funds don’t allow that quite yet. Especially since I’ll now have to buy a plane ticket to Thailand (they reimburse me, but not until the end of the school year, so know I have to find the $1400 for the plane ticket so if you have any fund raising ideas, let me know :) )
Here's a few pics of the school and Nonthaburi (the section of Bangkok where GES is):



So that’s my exciting news for the week. I actually have an interview on Monday too for the position I’ve been subbing for, for the last 2 months. They’re OK with the fact that I wont be back next year and that’s fine with me. I would love to stay in the class for the rest of the school year more than anything, but there are 2 others that applied so I’m a little nervous, because obviously they wont be moving in 3 months.
I just finished watching “Frida” for the first time. It’s such a great movie! The direction is amazing and Selma Hyak was perfect. I also watched this other movie called “Dear Frankie” which has Gerard Butler in it. It was super cute. You should totally watch it.
Speaking of cute. My dad got a box of these Cuties at Costco yesterday and they have the most awesome stickers on them….

No comments: