Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cleaning House

Quite often I feel like I have a lot of little things to say but nothing truely big or significant. So how do you write about that. Do you wait until there really is something big or significant and slip it in there somehow? Do you stretch out things that really don't need to be stretched out? Or do you just write a post that's a jumble of little happenings and pictures to keep others updated?

This post will be the latter type.

First of all. It is now offically less than two months until school get's out and just over a month until finals. I feel like I was just at this point last year. And what's even worse is I have a wicked case of "senioritis" although technically I'm teaching the school and I'm no where close to being a senior. It's just two months left until the end, the real end, not just the end of the school year but the end of my teaching career at GES forever. Sometimes it's hard to get around.



So what's going on between now and then? So much. To much. For starters I'll be working in my video for the STA World Traveler Internship for the next week or so and when I'm finished and it's posted for the world (and most importantly the judges) to see, I'll have a knot in my stomach and a prayer in my head that out of the 4,000+ applicants (that's right, whoa) I am a chosen one.

This weekend the plan is to head to Koh Kret (aka. Pottery Island) where we'll get to hang out, hopefully eat some good food and I'm hoping to get some filming done.

We have a long weekend February 27-March 1. We we're hopeing to get somewhere new but I think I might end up going to Koh Samet. I just love it there and none of the other plans seem to be coming to fuition.

And on all the other random weekends in between there will be trips to Siam and Khao San Road and hopefully Ayutthya as well.

Did I mention I'm going to Safari World again next week for a field trip? I have slobbery giraffes and psycho birds in my near future.

Wow, I guess I didn't have as much to say as I thought I did.

P.S. I've been keeping up with project 365 (I've only missed 1 day!). Check back to my flickr soon and they'll all be up.

P.P.S. I taught my kids part of the dance to THRILLER. Watch for a video soon :)

1 comment:

Tricia F said...

Koh Kret was utterly disappointing when we went. SO make sure you go on a weekend and hang out mostly in the 'touristy' section. The big huge trail around the island is long and boring.