Sunday, February 13, 2011

I fell off the face of the earth

It's true.  It has been quite some time since I posted a blog, at least quite some time for me.  I have found it quite difficult to write a blog when my life has been well, somewhat boring (as you might observe from the lack of pictures in this post.)

I could have written about the Harry Potter Exhibition.  We saw sets and outfits from the movies.  The wands were pretty cool, and so were the Quidditch uniforms.  My favorite were the brooms, they were pretty awesome, and Dumbledores robes too!  Alas, we weren't allowed to take pictures, but that allowed more time to just enjoy the pieces.  If you have a chance to see the Harry Potter Exhibit in your city you should take it.  Sorry west coast people, it's leaving our neck of the woods for good tomorrow.

I could have written about the day I went skiing with my dad at Crystal Mountain.  My boots cut off the circulation in my toes and I learned that having a desk job makes your leg muscles pretty weak.  Needless to say it was a pretty terrible experience that I don't prefer to remember.

I could have written about the fact that I was upgraded from my churches Junior High Youth Director to just Youth Director.  It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm excited.  Then when I leave for the World Race in July my pastors wife Linda is going to take over.

Speaking of the World Race we found out when and where our training camp is going to be.  It looks likes I'll be heading to Copperhill, Tennessee at the end of May and there's going to be a pretty epic roadtrip to get there.  More on that later.  I also have good news!  I have just over $5,000 raised, that means only a little over $10,000 to go!  I've never raised this much money in my life!  Last year one of the goals I set was to do something I fear, this definitely qualifies.  It's a scary process but it's going to be rewarding for not just me, but others as well!

So that's my life for now.  I'll try not to fall off the face of the earth again AND my humble little blog is going to be taking on some BIG changes soon, like hosted website big!  I can't wait to share the news when the time is right.

No comments: