Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oh what a beautiful day

The sun finally came out here in washington and it's glorious and warm. I've been outside pretty much every minute since I got off work today. I took Elaina to the park and she was so adorable running around, trying to climb up the slides and then going down them again, laughing and hugging everyone in sight, which could potentially be a problem in the future. I'm really going to miss that girl. I think she's going to be the hardest one to leave. Now don't get me wrong, I love my family and friends, it's just she's so little and so much can change for her in such a short amount of time....
I finally got my two new lenses, a tamron telephoto 70-300 (absolutely fantastic zoom, but a little noisy) and my HD fisheye "lens" which is actually more of an adapter because it fits onto my kit lens but it's still super cool. I can't wait to get a "real" fisheye lens someday but this will work for now and I am SOOOOO excited to give them a run in Thailand.


I fell like I've been spending a lot of money lately.... aside from the lenses I also got a pretty pink Nintendo DS lite. It was kinda an impulse buy. Although I've been thinking about buying one for like 6 months, I never was really going to, but now I have this long flight and it was just so cool looking, and let me tell you it was totally it. It's so much fun and I'm in LOVE with the touch screen. I only have two games right now, Mario Kart (the best game ever), and Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix, which is a little confusing but I'm getting the hang of it, I like doing spells on the touch screen. I also have two other games on the way that I ordered from Amazon, Collapse and Luxor. Their both puzzle games that started as PC games, totally fun. I also bought some great chacos the other day from REI because they were having their anniversary sale, so I got them for $81 which makes them the most expensive sandals I own but I've heard such great things about them and I figured I would get a lot of use out of them in Thailand.
So in other news the Reality show season is wrapping up and lets just say the finales so far are pretty crazy. Lets see... starting with Survivor, Amanda should have won, I wanted her to win and she deserved it more, so that was a bummer. Then on Americas next top model Whitney won! which was awesome because she's a "plus size" model. I actually liked Anya a lot too and I would have been happy if she had won also, so pretty much it was just a great final two. Now all I have to wait for is the American Idol Finale.... we will see.

No comments: